DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Receptionist on our Workplace team, you’ll manage our main reception area, greet and direct all visitors, and provide general workplace and administrative support to the company. The Workplace team is responsible for office management, maintenance, food service, travel and the planning and execution of all firm events and social activities. As a member of this team, you will participate in administrative and office services work and assist with various Workplace projects.
More about what you’ll do:
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Professionally answer, screen, and route all incoming calls
- Order kitchen and office supplies, ensuring supplies are constantly well stocked and organized. Maintain tidy appearance of kitchen throughout the day.
- Order and set out breakfast Monday – Thursday and manage lunch program.
- Provide on-going administrative support to office staff as needed, such as expense report and travel arrangements.
- Input visitors into building security system, manage daily guest list, and communicate as needed with building security staff
- Manage all incoming/outgoing mail accordingly
- Maintain conference rooms; book meetings; assist with set up of A/V equipment and video conferences as needed
- Assist with internal visitor procedures including: security list, lunch program, badging/key assignments, welcome email.
- Assist with office activities, events, and other business needs as assigned
- Update team page on company intranet
- Report on office operations as needed
- Maintain updates to the facilities and reception manuals/records
- Run errands as needed
- Assist on any and all admin tasks as assigned to help office manager.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
What this role requires:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent phone etiquette
- Confidence, initiative, and the ability to learn new things quickly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive and can-do approach
- Motivated, self-driven, adaptive, solution and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple sources
- Proficiency in MS Outlook for email and calendaring and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- High school diploma or equivalent required
The annual base salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000, depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and relevant skill set. Base salary is only a portion of total compensation, which may also include annual discretionary bonus and/or benefits.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.