Business Development Associate
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading products as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. We actively participate in the development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments, partnerships, and incubation of projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated multiple crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. Read more here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Business Development Associate who will help bring our OTC business to completely new heights. We are looking for someone who knows or is deeply interested in the crypto market and is excited to make a big impact for Wintermute.
You will be responsible for acquiring new counterparties and partners globally, as well as growing Wintermute's existing business. You will become responsible for a set of opportunities (a specific market and/or product) and will own these opportunities from end to end. You will develop your own strategic growth plan, while also getting advice and guidance from the local and UK management teams. We have the best liquidity products in the market, we work with many of the most prominent blockchain projects, we have many strategic growth opportunities in the pipeline, and a long line of counterparties wanting to develop relationships with us. We have no legacy processes, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals, yet the highest standards of professionalism.
What you will work on
As a leading algorithmic trading firm in digital assets with one of the largest OTC desks and a wide spectrum of products, your role will be varied with a certain focus that fits your skills and company’s objectives.
- Grow the OTC business in your market (both manual and RFQ) - this includes developing and executing your own growth plan which will have many of angles to it: acquiring new counterparties, developing existing relationships, cooperating with developer teams on productizing the solution and execution of trades
- Grow the crypto liquidity provision business - deepen relationships with existing crypto projects and acquire new ones
- Develop new relationships with high-profile crypto projects, crypto VCs, institutional investors, miners and other parties of the crypto eco-system; note that we are connected to many of these parties or can get introduced, so this is all about systematically developing the relationships and bringing them to the next level
- Work with various cross-functional teams to drive brand awareness in the key markets you are responsible for
- Develop existing relationships with exchanges globally and bring them to the next level
- Keep track of key launches and news in the crypto eco-system and proactively identify cooperation and business development opportunities
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc/MSc in Business/Economics/Finance or any related degree
- Top tier MBA is an advantage but not required
- Understanding of Western mindsets and ways of doing business
- Experience with the financial services/capital markets industry; experience with crypto markets and/or trading companies/hedge funds is an advantage
- Experience in business development or any client-facing role (B2B sales, management consulting, investment banking, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - this is not about pitching, but being convincing, concise, precise, a good listener; being clear on next steps and always following up on promises
- Experience delivering business results - be ready to talk about numbers/quota achievement, etc.
- Experience in BD or similar role facing institutional crypto, institutional traditional finance, blockchain projects is a significant advantage
- Willingness, aptitude and curiosity to understand the fundamentals of blockchain technologies, algorithmic trading and Liquidity provision is crucial
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative trading firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A vibrant working culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute weekend getaway.
- A Wintermute-inspired office in central London, featuring an array of amenities such as table tennis and foosball, personalized desk configurations, a cozy team breakout area with games and free food.
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional with a startup vibe, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation