Software Engineer (Python)
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading solutions as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. Wintermute also has a Wintermute Ventures arm that invests in early stage DeFi projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. To Wintermute digital assets is not just another asset class, we believe in the innovative potential of blockchain, the fundamental innovations, we have a long-term view on the digital asset market and are taking a leadership position in building an innovative and compliant market. Read more here.
We are looking for a Developer to build out a platform with tools to support functions such as asset price ingestion, benchmark calculation, and historical and live price publication. You will be part of a team that is creating a completely new product. As such you will have a lot of autonomy and room to make your own decisions. You will work closely with the management team, and end-users of benchmark asset price data.
The solution will be built in Python and should be “industry-grade”, with a high level of robustness. It will involve developing solutions to integrate into existing APIs from data vendors (e.g. exchanges, data providers) as well as building new functions that will calculate, verify and publish benchmark pricing.
The role is ideal for a candidate with strong Python skills who is interested to work on building new high-performance systems and developing their knowledge of system architecture. Crypto experience is not required, but we are looking for someone with a keen interest in financial markets. The ideal candidate has prior experience working directly with financial benchmarks, such as equity and commodity indices, and benchmark prices.
Hard skills requirements
- 3+ experience of Python and having experience with C++ as a secondary language would be an advantage
- Prior experience working with financial index data would be a very big plus
- Proficient in acquiring, importing, and processing data from various third-party vendors in real-time
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and web services for data retrieval and integration.
- Experience with big data technologies like Apache Kafka or Flink for handling large-scale data processing is a plus
- Strong skills in database design, management, and optimization, with experience in SQL databases
- Familiarity with Linux, on desktops and servers
- Understanding of git or any other source versioning systems
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- This is a remote role based in Amsterdam and we would expect this candidate to have full rights and eligibility to work there.