Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading products as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. We actively participate in the development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments, partnerships, and incubation of projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated multiple crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. Read more here.
Finance at Wintermute
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who is looking to bring their functional expertise to the exciting and innovative blockchain industry. At Wintermute, you will be responsible for working in high-performing Accounting and Financial Controlling functions. You will have an opportunity to design and shape this function, create best-in-class processes and tools, while also getting advice and guidance from multi-functional teams. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, yet highest standards of compliance and business ethics. It is up to you to make an impact! Building and maintaining a robust, automated and scalable finance function is strategically important to Wintermute.
You will report directly to the Chief Financial Controller and will work with the Financial Controller, other management teams and senior members of the Wintermute team. You will be joining one of the fastest growing startups in one of the most dynamic industries out there, so the role is going to be very dynamic and quite varied. You will have to understand the big picture of our plan, build things fast and be prepared to be very hands-on as needed. The role will be varied, but the key aspects are highlighted below.
- Help maintain the automated and scalable accounting function that produces accurate monthly Management Reports within 5 days of the end of the month.
- Take ownership of and improve the processes of invoice payments (AP) and expenses management
- Take ownership of and improve corporate bank reconciliation processes and help build relevant integrations with the finance ledger
- Optimize all reconciliations of revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity
- Help build a robust and scalable budgeting and forecasting model
- Help with the annual group audits covering multiple entities
- Financial Planning and Analysis: design and automate reporting, both internal management reporting and external reporting to partners, investors, authorities, etc.
- Direct and indirect tax computations and reporting
- Adhoc project work as required
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field with a significant quantitative element
- Part qualified or newly qualified with recognized accounting qualifications such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA Some experience in a high-performance environment; experience working in trading companies/hedge funds or similar would be an advantage
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with NetSuite is desirable
- Have an owner mentality: you focus on the ultimate result for the company (short and long-term growth, capital and cost optimization)
- Problem solving mentality: to assess, measure and analyse problems, define a relevant solution (incl. automation), review and test before implementation
- Experience in direct and indirect tax would be an advantage
- Experience with the best-in-class automation systems and functions where scalability is driven by technology, rather than headcount and manual work
- Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Experience (or own research and interest) of crypto assets in general and knowledge of basic accounting treatments of crypto assets would be an advantage
- Like working in a team collaborative environment, mostly working from our brand new London office
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative trading firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A vibrant working culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute weekend getaway.
- A Wintermute-inspired office in central London, featuring an array of amenities such as table tennis and foosball, personalized desk configurations, a cozy team breakout area with games and free food.
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional with a startup vibe, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation