Responsibilities - You will need to be flexible and adaptable. Some examples of your role:
- Sourcing: proactively identifying new investment opportunities with crypto infrastructure (Defi, Cefi etc.) and qualifying inbound leads for the firm by meeting with entrepreneurs.
- Due Diligence: - Performing due diligence on investment prospects to drive investment decisions including market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews and technical diligence.
- Portfolio Work: Communicating with the Wintermute portfolio founders to provide support
- Ecosystem Building: being an active contributor to the blockchain/cryptocurrencies community by organizing activities, participating in local events and looking for ways to help grow the Wintermute Ventures franchisee.
- Admin: Assist with admin projects such as liaising and coordinating with internal / external parties including auditors, custody providers, cap table management software and general administrative support as needed across the venture business
Hard Skills requirements
- Experience interacting with DeFi protocols and a native understanding of blockchain technology with experience reviewing white papers or crypto projects.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Science Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience in consulting, investing or high growth tech with financial modelling capability
- The ability to think analytically and strategically about investment decisions and ongoing work with existing portfolio companies.
- The ability to work well within a team and be self-guided on a day-to-day basis
- Strong written and analytical skills for deal analysis and internal reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills and enjoy networking with project founders and broader community
- A demonstrated history of being proactive.
- A technical background or experience in data science is a plus.
- Strong network in crypto is a plus
- An understanding of venture capital and crypto deal terms
- Former background from working within the crypto industry at a infrastructure player (custodian, trading firm, exchange or similar)
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibility and ownership compared to traditional finance environments
- Performance-based compensation with significant earning potential
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- A vibrant work culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute Weekend getaway.
- A cool office in central London & Singapore
- Work flexibility: This is a remote role given the venture team is remote but also possible to be in either London or Singapore;
- Dynamic and Multicultural work environment (20 nationalities and counting!)