VP of Project Development
US Bitcoin Corp
US Bitcoin is the ultimate destination for those who want to work on the cutting edge of technology. As an industry leader in bitcoin mining operating some of the world’s largest facilities, we are proud to offer interesting and challenging opportunities for individuals who enjoy building teams, tackling challenges, and getting their hands dirty. If you’re looking for a career that is as rewarding as it is challenging, you’ve come to the right place.
What is the role?
As the Sr. Director of Project Development, you will lead and nurture our dedicated project development team, ensuring that all business needs are seamlessly aligned with project timelines. Your role involves close collaboration with key players in operations, finance, and corporate development to manage capital improvement projects across our diverse company portfolio.
Your partnership with a myriad of external stakeholders - including architects, engineers, contractors, and local authorities - is crucial in fostering smooth operations and driving our projects towards successful completion.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated professional, adept at maneuvering through a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple projects. Ideal candidates will bring a blend of strategic planning experience and a deep-seated passion for commercial project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee all aspects of project management across the portfolio of facilities, ensuring compliance with budget, schedule, and scope requirements
- Lead the development, design, and construction of new facilities, managing all aspects from inception to completion
- Source necessary materials and services, negotiating contracts to secure quality, cost-effectiveness, and timely delivery
- Ensure all projects and facilities meet sustainability, safety, and compliance standards.
- Develop and implement strategies for risk management and mitigation
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, partners, and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective project completion
- Oversee the preparation and submission of project-related documents and reports
- Continuously monitor industry trends and advancements, implementing best practices and innovative strategies
- Contribute and evaluate in collaboration with the Corporate Development team, including establishing purchase and lease terms and rates, negotiating binding agreements with landowners and developers, and assessing the feasibility of sites for permitting, construction, and interconnection
- Serve as the primary control point for project scopes. Review and recommend approval of project scope documents, including evaluation of feasible alternatives and operating/capital budget impacts analyses, and ensure that the project scope is consistent with the original intent and financial justification of the project
- Review cost estimates and ensure that projected expenditures are appropriately forecast and allocated within the capital program
- And other duties as assigned
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, and/or budgeting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and efficiently
- Bachelor's degree in business, architecture/engineering, construction management, finance, public administration or public policy, city or urban planning, transportation, or a related field required
- Master's degree in business, architecture/engineering, construction management, accounting, finance, public administration or public policy, city or urban planning, transportation, or a related field preferred
- 10 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 8+ years of management experience
This role ideally will work out of our Miami, FL headquarters office when not traveling to different site locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is remote, but requires up to 60% travel to various job sites as needed. Working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm or as needed and may include evenings and weekends should business require.
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO