Registry Operations Specialist
The mission of Trust Machines is to grow the Bitcoin economy. We’ve recently raised $150M to realize this vision, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a motivated TLD registry expert to join our remote-first team here at Orange Domains and help us accomplish our growth goals. This role will be critical in finalizing a launch plan for a new TLD, growing adoption, and ongoing management of the TLD. The ideal candidate has a strong background in domains with well rounded TLD registry experience. You’ll be working directly with the GM of Orange Domains to launch a new domain.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the General Manager in the following aspects of Domain Registry Operations.
- Pre-launch planning:
- Pre-launch of TLDs including launch phase planning (Sunrise, Landrush, General Availability) policy development, registrar onboarding, branding and marketing.
- Development and implementation of premium domain strategy including premium inventory lists, pricing, and sales.
- Launch and execution:
- Launching TLDs through its’ various ICANN approved launch phases.
- Registrar support to handle support technical, policy, marketing and premium name inquiries, as well as abuse-handling through a 3rd party.
- Project Management
- Managing various domain related projects working with 3rd party consultants.
- Development and implementation of operational tools and processes.
- Internal reporting requirements.
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Ongoing monitoring of ICANN policy and industry practices.
- Liaising with ICANN and other industry bodies.
- Growth (Sales & Marketing)
- Working with the marketing team to amply our voice.
- Identifying and conducting outreach to new registrars, resellers, and partners.
- Attending industry events.
- Pre-launch planning:
What We’re Looking For:
- A well-rounded TLD registry professional who has 3-5+ years experience working within a team to launch and manage a TLD.
- Experience working and managing external parties and consultants.
- Deep understanding of ICANN, it’s policies, and the DNS.
We’d Also Like to See:
- Someone who is passionate about technology and has a desire to push the internet forward through innovation.
- An independent, self-motivated, individual who is passionate about the possibilities for Domains.
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What We’ll Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Trust Machines is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Trust Machines is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.