Junior to Mid-Level Backend Engineer
The mission of Trust Machines is to grow the Bitcoin economy. We’ve recently raised $150M to realize this vision, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
We’re looking for an engineer to join our talented and mission-oriented remote-first team here at Trust Machines, and help us contribute to the Stacks and Bitcoin ecosystems. In this role you’ll contribute to the Stacks core protocol and work on a number of critical initiatives for growing and scaling the Stacks protocol. This role will improve efficiency and add functionality to the Stacks blockchain and the novel consensus mechanism proof of transfer that is both energy efficient and secure by anchoring to Bitcoin.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, and test Rust based code for the Stacks Bitcoin L2.
- Contribute to protocol level design and open source software development.
- Review code, debug, and write test cases for code.
- Contribute to architecture and design where applicable, and collaborate across a team to deliver high quality production level code.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience in Rust, C/C++, or Java; with an interest in Rust programming.
- Experience with monitoring and testing practices.
- An interest in blockchain development and the Bitcoin network.
We’d Also Like to See:
- Experience working on or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience on a distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate with open source developers.
- Strong communication skills.
What we offer:
- Work from home
- Competitive salary based on NYC comp
- Company equity
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment