Frontend Developer, Wallet
The mission of Trust Machines is to grow the Bitcoin economy. We’ve recently raised $150M to realize this vision, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the remote-first Wallet team at Trust Machines, and help us craft a beautiful, consumer-facing cryptocurrency wallet.
This role is critical in building a premier user experience for the Stacks ecosystem, fostering an engaged user base, and broadening the wallet’s capabilities within the Bitcoin realm.
The ideal candidate has experience building user-friendly applications in a startup environment. As a core engineer for this product, you’ll be responsible for implementing high-quality features across a handful of platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the team to understand user needs, and work on high-impact features for our Web Extension and mobile wallet, while championing mature engineering practices.
- Work closely with engineering peers to align on architectural direction and consistent use of design patterns, while considering how code can be shared cross-product.
- Collaborate with the design team, considering multiple ways to solve problems, weighing up implementation complexity, user experience, and product impact.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years in similar role(s) for consumer software (strong requirement)
- 2+ years at startup(s)
- Preference for remote, OSS work in direct contact with the product’s user base via Discord and other public channels
- Located between GMT -5 and +3
- Experience with Typescript, frontend frameworks (ideally React), CI/CD tooling
- Familiarity with UI design best practices
- High degree of user empathy, inclination to question assumptions, independent self-organizer, openness to feedback, and comfort with technical complexity
- Excited to work in the crypto industry
We’d Also Like to See:
- Experience with ReactNative for iOS and Android apps
- Experience with Web Extensions
- Knowledgable about Bitcoin, and its underlying cryptography
- Existing contribution to Stacks ecosystem
- A security-focused mindset, and familiarity with common attack vectors
What We Offer:
- Work from home
- Competitive salary ($150-$175k)
- Company equity
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country. The ones shown above are for our full-time U.S.based employees. Benefits information for non-US-based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Trust Machines is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Trust Machines is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.