Senior Data Engineer, Data Platform
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
The Data Platform team collaborates with an experienced group of data scientists, engineers, and product managers to build highly available and scalable data infrastructure for TRM's products and services. As a Senior Data Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for executing mission-critical systems and data services that analyze blockchain transaction activity at petabyte scale, and ultimately work to build a safer financial system for billions of people.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Build highly reliable data services to integrate with dozens of blockchains.
- Develop complex ETL pipelines that transform and process petabytes of structured and unstructured data in real-time.
- Design and architect intricate data models for optimal storage and retrieval to support sub-second latency for querying blockchain data.
- Oversee the deployment and monitoring of large database clusters with an unwavering focus on performance and high availability.
- Collaborate across departments, partnering with data scientists, backend engineers, and product managers to design and implement novel data models that enhance TRM’s products.
What we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- A proven track record, with 5+ years of hands-on experience in architecting distributed system architecture, guiding projects from initial ideation through to successful production deployment.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python, as well as adeptness in SQL or SparkSQL.
- Versatility that spans the entire spectrum of data engineering in one or more of the following areas:
- In-depth experience with data stores such as ClickHouse, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, and Neo4j.
- Proficiency in data pipeline and workflow orchestration tools like Airflow, DBT, Luigi, Azkaban, and Storm.
- Expertise in data processing technologies and streaming workflows including Spark, Kafka, and Flink.
- Competence in deploying and monitoring infrastructure within public cloud platforms, utilizing tools such as Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Datadog.
- Proven ability in loading, querying, and transforming extensive datasets.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $168,000 - $229,000.
- Additionally, this role may be eligible to participate in TRM’s equity plan.
- Please note – we factor in the different costs for geographies outside the United States.
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!