Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure
At TRM, we're on a mission to build a safer financial system for billions of people around the world. Our next-generation platform, which combines threat intelligence with machine learning, enables financial institutions and governments to detect cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime at an unprecedented scale.
TRM Labs is seeking a talented and motivated Staff Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and contribute to our mission of preventing cryptocurrency fraud and financial crime. We are dedicated to creating a safer financial ecosystem for billions of people, and your expertise in core infrastructure will play a pivotal role in achieving this goal. You will collaborate closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to design, implement, and maintain scalable, secure, and highly available systems that are in compliance with industry standards.
The impact you’ll have here:
- Designing, developing, and implementing software and tooling that enhances automation, scalability, operability, and support for services.
- Utilizing data to analyze and optimize the availability, reliability, sustainability, and cost-efficiency of our infrastructure, driving continuous improvements.
- Taking a proactive role in systems hardening, compliance, and governance, with a focus on standards such as SOC2 and FedRAMP.
- Collaborating with product and engineering leadership to define strategy, set priorities, and establish the mission for the Infrastructure team.
What we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, building, and securing cloud infrastructure on platforms like AWS and GCP.
- Exceptional proficiency with modern Unix/Linux operating systems and distributions.
- Strong background in CI/CD practices, containers, virtualization, web servers, and databases.
- Experience in defining Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Service Level Indicators (SLIs), and implementing robust monitoring, alerting, and runbooks.
- Expertise in using Terraform to create Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for scalable and maintainable systems.
- Proven track record of building tools to increase developer productivity.
- Previous involvement as a member of a cloud center of excellence team
The TRM way
- We define high-impact targets through customer centricity, prioritization, and adaptability.
- We execute efficiently to achieve our goals through good judgment, velocity, and humility.
- We elevate our team’s performance through integrity, apprenticeship, and positivity.
Why TRM Labs
- Join a mission-driven company that's building a safer financial system for billions of people.
- Do meaningful work alongside a bright and humble team.
- Develop world-class products that are trusted by leading institutions and agencies.
- Tackle novel challenges in blockchain, data science, and threat intelligence.
- We've raised $150M from JPMorgan Chase, Visa, PayPal, Tiger Global, Bessemer, among others.
- Enjoy a remote-first workplace with hubs in San Francisco, Washington, DC, and London.
- Remote-first work environment, with optional in-person offices
- Regular team off-sites and retreats
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA, HSA ,and 401K programs
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous paid time for vacation, volunteering, sick leave, and parental leave
- Fitness, co-working, and home office reimbursements
- Fertility, professional coaching, and mental health resources
We encourage you to reach out even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Do not worry about picking exactly the right job; we can always explore other options after starting the conversation. Your passion and interests will set you apart, especially if your background or career is unconventional. Join us!