Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because it increases adoption.
Organizations that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation environment - the companies compliantly navigate a changing regulatory landscape, or better yet, facilitate it, will be some of the most relevant organizations of the future. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious and early real-world use case of any token, regardless of what else the token can do. All tokens can be used to compensate workers - and in fact, are! Toku ensures that all token compensation is managed legally, and proper taxes are paid. This is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for an experienced Finance leader to support the growth and development of our complex global financial infrastructure. The Director of Finance will report directly to the CEO.
The Director of Finance will be accountable for scaling the finance, accounting, payroll & operations functions to support the growth of the business.
You will provide additional management to all of our finance functions. You’ll support developing metrics and KPIs to monitor and optimize Toku’s global strategy; the ongoing development and monitoring of financial controls designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results; the management of the accounting function, managing accounting, tax, and treasury functions; and the financial and risk management operations of the business.
The ideal candidate will ensure strong financial operational effectiveness, have demonstrated organizational leadership capabilities, a passion for driving business program impact through operational excellence and rigor, and experience navigating complex global requirements and regulatory constraints, with a collaborative and positive attitude.
- Grow the existing Finance and Payroll teams, which includes new processes, systems, and team development
- Manage international treasury processes and funding allocation
- Manage payroll operations across EMEA and APAC regions, overseeing payrolls in upwards of 10 countries
- Lead cross-functional projects to develop processes and systems
- Provides leadership in delivering the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, annual budgets, and governmental agency reports. You will drive forward all FP&A, Accounting and Operations functions acting as a key financial subject matter expert for the company
- Propose definition and implementation execution of key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the finance team and, as appropriate, the entire organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Works with the Head of Finance and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the financial planning process, including fundraising
- Identify and guide cross-functional initiatives to improve processes, systems, and automation to help the business scale
- MBA, BS, MS, PhD, JD, degrees
- 8+ years of experience in financial management required
- Late-stage global startup or public company experience
- Experience leading and developing finance functions and teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Deep understanding of SEC/IRS regulations, as well as filing requirements
- Passionate entrepreneur with strong business instincts, ability to identify attractive growth opportunities
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Nice to Have
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.