International Payroll Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because it increases adoption.
Organizations that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation environment - the companies compliantly navigate a changing regulatory landscape, or better yet, facilitate it, will be some of the most relevant organizations of the future. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious and early real-world use case of any token, regardless of what else the token can do. All tokens can be used to compensate workers - and in fact, are! Toku ensures that all token compensation is managed legally, and proper taxes are paid. This is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for a Payroll Manager to manage all payroll operations in India and through APAC.
Toku has ambitious growth targets, and you will be owning full cycle local and EOR payrolls and statutory compliance for clients across the globe and are expected to be rolling up your sleeves, being accountable for your daily work and highly-motivated to help redefine traditional compensation structures globally.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to verify, collect and organize payroll data to meet payroll calendar requirements
- Own monthly payroll execution for multiple clients
- Review and reconcile payroll data within agreed upon timeframes ensuring employees, get paid accurately, compliantly and in a timely fashion
- Maintain up to date records, processes and procedures
- Take ownership to troubleshoot and resolve issues from start to end
- Process statutory filing requirements and stay current on payroll compliance requirements for India
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- First line of contact for queries from internal employees, external contributors, internal partners, and vendors
- 6+ years of payroll management or an equivalent amount of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Solid functional knowledge of payroll processing and best practices
- Proficient in using software tools like SAP, Excel / Google Sheet
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Capable of working independently whilst using own initiative, as well as a member of the team and in partnership with external vendors
- Strong organisational and time management skills and the ability to work in a remote agile environment whilst remaining flexible and adaptable to change
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
Nice to Have
- Additional language skills
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Work laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.