Director of Finance & Payroll
- Payroll Management
- Manage payroll operations across EMEA and APAC regions, overseeing payrolls in upwards of 10 countries.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to collect and organize payroll data to meet payroll calendar requirements.
- Take ownership of data submission and address queries with third-party payroll providers in multiple countries.
- Review and reconcile payroll data within agreed-upon timeframes to ensure accurate and compliant payments to employees and third parties.
- Maintain up-to-date records, processes, and procedures, ensuring compliance with payroll regulations.
- Monitor payroll provider performance and ensure the implementation of new country payrolls aligns with business standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll-related issues from start to finish.
- Handle statutory filing requirements and stay current on payroll compliance for countries under your purview.
- Serve as the first line of contact for internal employees, external contributors, partners, and vendors regarding payroll inquiries.
- Finance & Accounting Leadership
- Lead the existing Finance and Payroll teams, fostering team development and implementing new processes and systems to support business growth.
- Drive the preparation of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, annual budgets, and governmental agency reports.
- Act as a key financial subject matter expert for FP&A, Accounting, and Operations functions.
- Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) and strategic objectives for the finance team and the entire organization, measuring and reporting results to the executive team.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics, providing insights into revenue and expense drivers, risks, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance and other executives to coordinate financial planning and fundraising efforts.
- Identify and lead cross-functional initiatives to enhance processes, systems, and automation to facilitate business scalability.
- MBA, BS, MS, PhD, JD, or equivalent degrees.
- 8+ years of financial management experience, including payroll operations and leadership skills.
- Experience in late-stage global startups or public companies.
- Deep understanding of payroll regulations, accounting principles, and SEC/IRS regulations.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical problem-solving skills, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of identifying growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote and agile environment.
- A hustler mentality with a history of founding companies or side projects.
Nice to Have
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop