Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
In an environment of increasing regulatory scrutiny, Toku offers solutions to employ and compliantly compensate global teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Toku’s comprehensive suite of services includes: Token-based payroll, token-based grant administration, employment and tax compliance – services tailored to the needs of every crypto-native organization.
There are clear laws and regulations around how people get employed and compensated that have been around for hundreds of years. These laws aren’t going away, and organizations need to follow them for the industry to grow. Our vision is to make it simple for organizations, from traditional companies to DAOs, to compensate their employees and contractors with tokens globally.
Toku recently raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more check our website.
Toku is looking for a Product Counsel.
In this role, you will be initially reporting to the CEO. This is a highly cross-functional and dynamic role: from working with functional leaders to ensure they are acutely aware of our top customers’ priorities and needs to align with our sales team and directing the best customer experience. You will also be working with our product and engineering teams in order to ensure our product and platform is compliant with all relevant regulations.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on and has extensive experience in Fintech, payments, payroll, money transmission, and general financial regulatory matters.
- Ensure corporate and product compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external advisors;
- Drive product compliance frameworks, overseeing communication strategies and product rollouts
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on issues related to product development and business partnerships
- Staying abreast of the relevant new legal developments and the evolving regulatory landscape around financial regulations and digital assets - including U.S. federal, state, and international laws and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct legal research and review the company’s strategies to ensure compliance
- Monitor legislation and regulatory developments on financial services and digital assets / cryptocurrency
- Graduate of Juris Doctor and a licensed lawyer in good standing with a state bar
- 5+ years of related experience as in-house counsel or in a large firm with a professional background in corporate advisory practice
- Strong knowledge of financial services regulations with a working knowledge of corporate governance, entity formation, and tax, labor and employment laws, and corporate transactions
- Strong interest in crypto / policy
- Good judgment in ambiguous and challenging circumstances
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to represent the company credibly internally and externally
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote startup, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and establish cooperative and positive working relationships
- Support business development initiatives and draft/negotiate contracts
- Build and maintain an extensive network in the ecosystem to inform Toku legal strategy
- Experience working with startups
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote anywhere in the world;
- Remote-first work culture;
- Flexible working hours;
- Ultra competitive salary;
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.