Talos: Institutional Fabric for the Digital Asset Market
Founded in 2018, Talos provides institutional-grade trading technology for the global digital asset market, powering many of the major players in the crypto ecosystem.
We are a tight-knit but decentralized team of highly-experienced engineers and businesspeople. We are a remote-friendly work environment, with physical hubs in New York, London, Cyprus, and Singapore.
We’re Hiring: Data Engineer
Talos is hiring a Data Engineer to help us design and build platform infrastructure to process and analyze hundreds of terabytes of market data and client transactions. This platform will be the foundation for external client reports and dashboards, as well as a playground for internal data analysts and algo developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong fundamental knowledge of software engineering and data engineering, and be able to apply their expertise to design and build a modern data processing platform. The platform will be used to analyze algo behavior, including trade information. It will also systematize and expand broader data initiatives, impacting clients' execution strategy via meaningful data-driven insights.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build, implement, and maintain high-quality data pipelines based on data from the Talos platform and external market data sources
- Implement reusable frameworks for data processing and data serving to its users
- Analyze data for trends and information most useful to clients; distill data into meaningful decision points for clients
- Liaise with teams such as engineering, research, and business development to help set product roadmap priorities
- Hands-on experience working with financial/trading data, building production data pipelines with distributed data processing technologies (batch or streaming) and frameworks such as Spark, Apache Flink, Dataflow, Apache Beam, etc.
- Extensive experience programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Scala, Java), ability to write in SQL, and passionate about writing clean, maintainable code
- Experience with Cloud data warehouse solutions (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica, Teradata, etc.) a plus
- Ability to create elegant and intuitive dataset design; advocate for data quality
- Curious about the rapidly evolving technologies in this domain; eager to learn and master new tech
- Strong verbal and written communication; able to own and deepen direct relationships with our Engineering, Product Management, and business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- An energetic, creative, and autonomous self-starter
- New York preferred
In New York City, the annual base compensation range is $169,000-$217,000. This position is eligible for discretionary bonus.
Something looks off?