Senior Product Marketing Manager (Contract)
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager (6-month contract) at SDF, you will lead the planning, development, and execution of product marketing initiatives for Stellar’s new and existing payment solutions, such as the Stellar Disbursement Platform and Stellar Aid Assist, driving B2B sales enablement and content development. You will have a direct impact on how the Stellar network’s solutions are positioned and marketed globally in the Blockchain, Crypto, and Fintech industries, as well as opportunities to drive in-market execution.
This is a 6-month minimum contract role and will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Own and develop the positioning, value propositions, and messaging that drive adoption of Stellar’s payment solutions for cross-border, bulk disbursements, and aid.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including business development, and product, to distill key functionality and benefits into product marketing content and messaging
- Develop content and marketing collateral for sales enablement (FAQs, cheat sheets, presentations), website content, marketing campaigns, and initiatives – working cross-functionally within the Marketing team
- Conduct competitive and market research for our product segments and industry verticals, informing product messaging based on business’ key goals and challenges
- Support the strategy for SDF’s participation in Blockchain, Crypto, and Fintech industry events, supporting planning, execution, and inclusion of Stellar ecosystem partners
- Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key B2B audiences
- Perform market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Business Development, Marketing, and Product Management
- Identify trends, opportunities for testing, and measure results. Report campaign findings and make recommendations for optimization.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, business-to-business (B2B) marketing, or technical marketing
- Demonstrated track record in developing messaging and marketing content
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience in fintech and/or payments industry required
- The ability to position products/solutions, determine target personas, and craft audience-specific messaging
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Experience in the Blockchain or payments industry
The base pay for this position ranges from $90 to $110 per hour depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. The following perks and benefits do not apply to contractors:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats