Senior Communications Manager, Ecosystem & Product
Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
The SDF communications team helps tell the story of the Stellar network, the countless developers and businesses building the next generation of financial services on the network, and the ways the technology advances SDF’s mission of increasing financial access. We’re looking for an experienced communications professional to help build awareness for and deepen the public understanding of SDF, the Stellar network, and its ecosystem of builders.
This role will focus on the growing number of SDF products and tools created to enable the ecosystem to build faster and smarter on the network, while also bringing visibility to the vibrant Stellar ecosystem itself. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing media strategy and enjoy engaging with reporters. They will have a creative approach to telling and pitching stories, with strong writing skills. They will enjoy working collaboratively and cross functionally to drive coordinated campaigns that align to SDF’s roadmap and help tell the stories of the vibrant Stellar ecosystem.
To succeed, you’ll be proactive, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and scrappy environment. You will need to both help set strategy and be willing to execute.
In this role, you will:
- Drive our earned and owned communications strategy to build awareness for SDF tools and products, the network and the Stellar ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry press outlets, reporters and influencers
- Draft blogs, press releases, messaging, op-eds and other content.
- Help manage relationships with PR agencies and vendors
- Manage and grow a team that aligns with the organizational priorities and drives results
- Translate the complexity of the Stellar network and the scope of our impact into pitches and stories that expand what people think of when they hear “Stellar.”
- Work with SDF marketing team to track impact of events to inform strategies that amplify outreach to target audiences
- 7+ years of communications experience
- Expertise in media relations, including pitching and building relationships with the press
- Ability to create, drive and execute strategy
- Experience managing across teams to drive results
- Experience managing a team of communications professionals
- Solid research, writing and editing skills
- Good project management and organization skills
- Experience managing vendor relationships
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $120,000 - $160,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats