Stellar Development Foundation
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
This role provides the opportunity to get broad exposure to all of the finance functions of a dynamic growing company. You will Implement and scale accounting solutions, build and maintain financial controls, and provide financial evaluation to leadership. The scope of your work will range from financial reporting, analysis, payroll, to tax and AP.
As an early hire in a small finance department, you’ll have room for growth in the role, leadership visibility, and be part of a growing department and company.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct account reconciliations, flux analysis, controls, and the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Supervise, track, and evaluate day-to-day accounting activities with a high attention to detail.
- Support Stellar Lumen transactions - value payments, record and reconcile transfers.
- Support payroll - Submit off-cycle and bonus payrolls. Journal entry payroll reports to the ERP. Interact with employees to communicate payroll details.
- Manage tax jurisdictions, including user access, rate changes, notices, liabilities and overpayments and liaising between the payroll provider and the regulatory agency.
- Conduct the evaluation of financial modeling and accounting standards and provide well-supported documentation of positions, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Attend all technical accounting matters. Design, implement, maintain and enforce company policies, processes and internal controls (financial transactions and financial reporting).
- Act as a key cross-functional business partner preparing ongoing key deliverables and contributing to strategic projects and initiatives as needed.
- Support insurer and bank requests and reporting as needed.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to the team, as needed.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting, with a strong bias for accuracy and driving the business.
- CPA preferred, with strong understanding of GAAP / FASB standards.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, and/or similar quantitative discipline.
- Payroll experience is strongly preferred.
- Quickbooks Online and Bill.com experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently across multiple projects and systems against deadlines.
- Highly analytical and data-driven. Strong problem solving and project management skills. Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
- Curious, motivated, collaborative, flexible, and responsive team player with a strong customer focus.
Bonus Points if (optional):
- Bonus points if you are a wizard with Google Sheets.
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $90,000 - $110,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats