Stellar Development Foundation
In this role, you will:
- Design and build key components of Stellar Core - the backbone software behind the Stellar Network.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and extensible technologies that empower our developers and network participants.
- Collaborate on new architectures and subsystems, working alongside our CTO, our team of engineers, and our community of open source developers.
- Write clean, maintainable code with an emphasis on edge case analysis and future-proofing our work.
- Own core subsystems of Stellar Core, and help the team hit critical product milestones.
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling the system.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
- You have 2+ years of experience developing software on a team.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- You excel in writing code in C++ 11, especially in a production environment.
- You're a great communicator that can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process.
- You have a solid understanding of software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular.
- You are knowledgeable of best practices and development tools and are passionate about technological innovation.
- You have a passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- You love a good challenge in an ever-evolving space - many of the challenges we face are being faced for the first time!
- You're enthusiastic about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy.
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Bonus points if:
- You have direct experience with designing and implementing distributed systems.
- You have a strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies, and understand the fundamentals of these systems.
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $145,000 - $165,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Something looks off?