Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Defi
Who We Are:
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Solana Labs is the team that built the original protocol, and is building both the validator client and applications on top of the Solana blockchain; therefore the team is highly specialized, and we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us build the Solana ecosystem. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency, and decentralized applications, then read on.
We are looking for a talented and driven full-stack engineer to join our team. As a full-stack engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting new product initiatives, build user interfaces, develop Web3 APIs and SDKs, create client infrastructure and data pipelines, and work across the stack. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to bring new products to life. You will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and grow your career.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll work in a very small team helping to build out a greenfield project. You'll be responsible for major architectural decisions, deeply understanding the product requirements, interpreting user feedback, and assisting the design and product members of the team in developing solutions.
- Be responsible for the research, design, implementation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance of Solana DeFi product initiatives.
- Help drive Solana DeFi adoption through market-leading product experiences and new Web3 paradigms.
- Build out services and APIs for frontend tools, backend services, and off-chain infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve existing websites and applications.
- Deliver secure, high-quality code that can be open-sourced.
- Perform internal code reviews, mentor and guide team members.
- 5+ years of experience building modern and performant backend and frontend solutions using React and Typescript.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience building user-facing software and API frameworks (REST/gRPC/GraphQL).
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale, data-intensive app architectures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and across the product engineering stack.
- Highly autonomous, ability to design and develop software with minimal guidance.
- Experience delivering large greenfield/0-to-1 projects.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about blockchain, DeFi, and Web3.
- Familiarity with Redux, Node.js, HTML, CSS, SQL, Figma.
- Working knowledge of Git, CI / CD tools, Docker, GCP or AWS.
- Experience with Jest/Mocha/Cypress.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with blockchain technology.
- Knowledge of common DeFi patterns.
- Experience in algorithmic trading or understanding of traditional finance primitives.
- Familiarity with a low-level language (ideally Rust).
Our Tech Stack:
- Rust, Typescript, React, NextJS, Web3 libraries for client-side services.
- Rust, NodeJS, Typescript, Postgres for backend.
- Rust, Mocha, Jest, and Typescript for tests.
The salary range for US-based candidates will be determined throughout the interview process and can vary depending on experiences, skills, and location. Candidates should anticipate an annual base salary (not including incentive compensation or other benefits) of $USD130,000 - $USD230,000 for full time employees.
Something looks off?