AWS Platform Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
We're on a mission to transform the internet for the better. Our team of innovative hackers, visionary futurists, and passionate nerds is devoted to creating a digital space that's safe, inclusive, and empowers everyone. By developing the world's first zero-knowledge virtual machine, we've laid the groundwork for running arbitrary code as a zero-knowledge proof. Now, we're ambitiously constructing an entire ecosystem around this groundbreaking technology.
To ensure effective collaboration and seamless communication across our global team, all candidates must be available to overlap with the Pacific Standard Time (PST) zone for at least 3 hours during regular business hours. This requirement is essential for maintaining efficient workflow, participating in team meetings, and facilitating timely responses to customer inquiries and internal requests.
About The Role:
We are seeking an experienced AWS Platform Engineer to join our team and contribute to the development and maintenance of our production AWS deployments. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building and maintaining cloud infrastructure, with particular expertise in Pulumi (or Terraform) and a passion for the Rust programming language or a desire to learn it. The candidate should also be familiar with multi AWS account design patterns and have experience scaling AWS-based services such as ECS, API Gateway, or step functions. Additionally, familiarity with TypeScript is desired.
- Design, build, and maintain production AWS deployments using Pulumi (or Terraform) to ensure reliable and scalable infrastructure for our SaaS products.
- Implement multi AWS account design patterns to meet security, compliance, and organizational requirements.
- Scale AWS-based services such as ECS, API Gateway, and step functions to handle increasing loads and traffic.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand infrastructure requirements and provide solutions that align with business objectives.
- Work closely with developers to integrate infrastructure-as-code practices into the software development lifecycle.
- Continuously monitor and optimize AWS infrastructure for performance, cost, and security.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure-related issues in a timely manner to minimize downtime and ensure high availability.
- Stay up to date with the latest AWS services, best practices, and industry trends to make informed recommendations for infrastructure improvements.
- Assist in the evaluation and adoption of new technologies, tools, and frameworks to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our infrastructure.
- Proven experience building and maintaining production cloud deployments.
- Strong proficiency in Pulumi (or Terraform) for infrastructure provisioning and management.
- Experience with multi AWS account design patterns and implementing security and compliance measures.
- Demonstrated expertise in scaling AWS-based services such as ECS, API Gateway, or step functions.
- Familiarity with the Rust programming language or a desire to learn it.
- Solid understanding of TypeScript and its use in developing infrastructure-as-code.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- 🔒 Authenticity: Demonstrates ethical leadership, honesty, and transparency in all interactions.
- 💖 Empathy: Shows understanding and concern for the well-being of team members, demonstrating a humane orientation to leadership.
- 🌟 Resilience: Demonstrates positivity and resilience in the face of challenges, providing inspiration and motivation to the team.
- 🌱 Growth Mindset: Encourages continuous learning and personal development within the team, focusing on the human dynamic and the unique needs and strengths of all stakeholders.
- 🎯 Strategic Thinking: Exhibits the ability to think strategically and act decisively, balancing immediate needs with long-term goals.
- 🌍 Inclusive Leadership: Champions diversity and inclusion, promoting equitable opportunities and treatment for all team members.
- 🤝 Collaborative: Excels at breaking down silos and creating a "one team, one roadmap" culture. Has a strong ability to facilitate productive relationships across teams.
What We Offer:
- Salary: $200,000/yr - $249,000/yr
- Leadership Coaching and opportunities for professional growth, learning, and development
- Remote with domestic and international travel up to 20% for team ‘onsite’ meetings and conferences
- Co-working space in Seattle, with the flexibility to rent working spaces in other locations
- Health insurance: Premera Blue Cross (medical dental, vision, HSA) 85% premium coverage for employees, 75% for dependents, 401k
- Generous company equity: Incentive units (PIUs), vesting immediately each month
- Paid time off: Unlimited (3-5 weeks is the norm)11 paid holidays, sick leave, etc, A supportive and collaborative work environment
If you possess the required skills and qualities, along with a passion for building and maintaining production cloud deployments, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to the success of our SaaS products while working with cutting-edge technologies and a collaborative team.
Our Commitment to Inclusion
We are equal opportunity and value diversity. We do not discriminate. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.