Senior Business Development Associate
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Within Ripple, RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value, through contributions to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) and ecosystem partnerships.
As part of this mission, RippleX is increasingly investing in Institutional DeFi, which is the application of blockchain technologies and protocols to tokenized financial assets, combined with appropriate regulatory and compliance guardrails. Institutional DeFi is poised for massive adoption by the financial services industry and Ripple is actively partnering with enterprises and institutions to develop solutions and use cases, leveraging the XRPL Ledger and its native digital asset, XRP.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and experienced growth professional with business development, consultancy, or strategic partnerships experience, and they will have the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support a paradigm-shifting technology. The candidate’s core skill sets should be in business development, financial markets, technological analysis, stakeholder management, and crypto. Working as part of a global team, candidates will need to be self-starters with the ability to work independently with limited daily direction. A strong interest and experience of digital assets / crypto markets is desirable.
You will be passionate about crypto and exploring how companies, developers, and consumers will adapt to the inevitable shift from centralization to decentralization. Come join us if you see it too and know how to get it done!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and qualify pipeline for the global RippleX business development team and create processes for pipeline management.
- Review new blockchain developments, analyze industry trends, and produce reports that will support future partnerships and strategic directions.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities with financial institutions, crypto native companies, and other partners who are interested in tokenizing real-world assets and using DeFi protocols to transact with them.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams; voice of the customer with Product Marketing, collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy execution.
- Support the business development team in managing partnerships to closure, both internally and externally.
- Large focus on this role to attend global events. A willingness to travel is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3-5 years of experience in fields such as business development, strategic partnerships, consultancy, or other relevant financial services.
- A strong interest in crypto/digital assets. Crypto experience is preferred.
- A natural networker who is able to build trust and relationships.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives both internally and externally.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.