Staff Software Engineer, Data
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented and passionate Staff Software Engineer to help create the next generation of data infrastructure built for scale, resilience and reliability. This is a high impact role. You will build real-time data pipelines and a data lake for valuable internal tools used by leadership, compliance, finance, and product teams to make strategic business decisions. You will be responsible for our Data API that powers public-facing applications used globally to follow the open-source ledger.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build real time data pipelines and tools to keep pace with the growth of our data and its consumers
- Power our externally-facing data APIs and applications built on top of them
- Build foundational systems and services that allow users to focus on business and application logic via higher level programming models
- Design and implement systems for scalability, availability and graceful degradation
- Build frameworks for measuring and monitoring data quality and integrity
- Identify and analyze requirements and use cases from multiple internal teams (including Finance, Compliance, Analytics, Data Science, and Engineering); work with other technical leads to design solutions for the requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 8+ Years in Software Engineering
- Proficient in at least one primary programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python) and comfortable working with SQL
- Ability to write elegant code and comfortable with picking up new technologies independently.
- Enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of analytical insights, creating new product features using data, and powering machine-learning models.
- Have a strong background in developing distributed systems with experience in scalable data pipelines
- Familiar with big data technologies like Spark or Flink and comfortable in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies on financial datasets
- Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Highly or conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, Athena, etc.,)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline orchestration, leveraging Gitlab and Terraform
- Experience with administration of Docker or Kubernetes infrastructure
- Appreciate the importance of excellent documentation and data debugging skills.
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and frameworks
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in Databricks is a plus
- Crypto domain experience or interest
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.