Software Architect, Metaco
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are seeking a Software Architect to join our Engineering team in Switzerland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Contribute, mentor, and review product change proposals to ensure architectural quality
- Learn, analyse, and propose improvements to our current architecture
- Make technical decisions, produce standards and guidelines, and ensure that the system meets the business, technical, and quality requirements
- Collaborate with internal partners to validate architectural changes, collect feedback, and share the architecture ownership
- Build and maintain documentation and diagrams to communicate the architecture internally and externally
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs and requirements, occasionally providing guidance on technical topics
- Learn continuously and stay up-to-date on industry standards and emerging practices, providing suggestions to the team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years of architecture and systems design experience
- Knowledge of software architecture principles, patterns, and practices
- Experience scaling high-availability distributed systems
- Experience with on-premise and SaaS contexts
- Knowledge in one or several of these topics: blockchains, enterprise software integration, front end architecture, data lakes, secure systems, cryptography
- Positive communication and interpersonal ability, willingness to work with remote teammates and clients
- Ability to mentor and coach team members
Other common names for this role: Scala Developer, Scala Engineer, Scala Architect, Technical Architect, Systems Architect, Technical Design Engineer, Technical Design Lead, Application Architect, Software Architecture, Service Architect, Platform Architect
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.