Staff Technical Writer
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
The Ripple Product Documentation team is dedicated to delivering accurate, usable content supporting our entire product line. We use the best tools and make them better in-house. We are a diverse team with complementary skills, supporting each other to deliver top documentation. You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Writer and work with leaders across the company to shape the future of technical content in a growing company. Ideally, you will be based in London or Geneva and be able to work with teams across the globe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Engage as part of a cross-functional team with engineering, design, compliance, and other teams on the design and implementation of world-class enterprise software products
Structure, write, and update conceptual content, tutorials, and API/SDK developer documentation
Contribute to tools and processes that make documentation and software development more efficient, scalable, and collaborative
Continuously improve the user and developer experience by creating and iterating on world-class technical content
Mentor other writers and provide leadership in product areas
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
10+ years experience writing documentation for a variety of audiences, including software engineers, system administrators, and API developers/integrators, as well as non-technical end users
Strong communication and writing skills in English
Experience documenting web applications, especially at enterprise scale
Experience with Linux, Git/GitHub, Swagger/OpenAPI, Markdown, and a "docs as code" approach to documentation
Competence in any mainstream programming language
An attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
Approach documentation as an advocate for the user
A collaborative, team-oriented approach
May require travel
Building web applications
Familiarity with Java, Node.js, Python, or C++
Comfortable with HTML and CSS
Experience in the finance or banking sector
Familiarity with cryptocurrency, custody, and security
Deep knowledge of Atlassian Confluence or Jira
Swiss French or Swiss German speaking
Writing samples required
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.