Director, Software Engineering - RippleX
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Hyper-Accelerating the Internet of Value
We champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs and support for creation on one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and consistently reliable public blockchains - XRP Ledger. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions and innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions and governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, and how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate through:
- Practical support and capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster and more easily
- Empowering a community that’s redefining the digital economy
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision and action
We are looking for a results oriented, hands-on Director/Senior Software Engineering Manager to help build the next generation of tools and capabilities to create the Internet of Value. We are investing in key areas such as Tokenization, Interoperability and Liquidity to help the community of developers build the next generation of blockchain-related applications and companies on the open-source XRP Ledger.
- You will build and lead impactful engineering teams by motivating your team and leading by example to continuously innovate, improve and think differently
- You will deliver outstanding results for our customers and are a role model for other engineers. Create a shared vision and build and maintain strong partnerships with Product Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success and Business development teams
- Responsible for entire software development process
- Own and deliver your roadmap
- Work with other external entrepreneurs and ecosystem partners to continuously improve the speed, scalability, and functionality of the XRP Ledger and the tooling around it.
- Have led engineering teams of 10+
- You have demonstrated success building highly scalable APIs / backend platforms / distributed systems / data access layers, etc.
- You have experience with Agile development
- You have a bias towards action and make decisions quickly after considering opposing viewpoints
- You have successfully recruited strong teammates
- You flourish with autonomy and responsibility
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.