Marketing & Events Lead
Administration, Marketing & Communications
Europe · United Kingdom
Posted on Tuesday, January 2, 2024
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
About Polygon ID
Polygon ID is part of Polygon Labs. Polygon ID is a decentralized identity toolset for Web3. It provides the toolset to secure the chain of trust from credential issuers (sources of trust) all the way to the applications that need to verify user credentials (the holder of the credentials), all while empowering the user to control what information is shared with these apps in a privacy-preserving manner.
PolygonID is currently seeking an experienced marketing and events professional to spearhead our global experiential marketing efforts. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for managing event and industry marketing operations, overseeing budgetary considerations, coordinating planning processes, and collaborating on global programs. Key responsibilities also include securing placements for Polygon ID team representatives on global industry stages, assessing sponsorship opportunities, and serving as the primary industry liaison.
The ideal candidate will possess a robust business understanding, bring 3-5 years of industry marketing experience, and demonstrate excellent organizational and project management skills. The ability to navigate both strategic initiatives and day-to-day tasks within a fast-paced environment is crucial. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in developing and executing successful programs and strategies, particularly in emerging fields such as web3, crypto, and related disciplines.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the marketing and events strategy.
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities for growth in the digital identity sector.
- Plan and execute events, managing all aspects from budgeting to logistics.
- Create engaging content for various marketing channels and collateral.
- Oversee digital marketing efforts, including social media and online advertising.
- Build and maintain relationships with media, influencers, and stakeholders.
- Manage marketing and events budgets and provide regular financial reports.
- Define, track and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and events.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, ethical standards, and industry best practices.
A Day in the Life
- First you will start defining and agreeing the marketing and events strategy with the rest of the team.
- Then you will craft marketing and events initiatives and campaigns from scratch, aligning them with overarching goals.
- You will also need to go into the lower execution level: dive into event logistics, coordinate seamlessly with teams, and provide strategic guidance.
- You will manage the marketing and events budget.
- You will be the point of contact within the Marketing team for our Business development team.
- You will be looking constantly for collaborations and to place Polygon ID Engineers, Business Developers and Product team members in events where we can get the most return for their time. You also will be organizing Polygon ID specific events.
- You will be part of a small but dynamic Polygon ID marketing team formed by 5 members, but with the support of the Polygon marketing and events team.
About the Team
- Join our outstanding team at PolygonID, where brilliance, hard work, and adaptability define our culture. We're a dynamic group that thrives in a changing environment, consistently delivering results under pressure. Our team is smart, super hardworking, and especially passionate about the self-sovereign identity world. If you're ready to be part of a driven and innovative team, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of proven industry marketing and events experience in the web3, SSI / Digital identity, crypto, developer landscape, with exposure to culturally-relevant mainstream advertising, association, marketing technology, and media.
- Proven track record of developing strategic marketing plans for industry programs, including events, speakerships, sponsorships, and strategic partnerships.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, solution-oriented, and able to think creatively and strategically.Native English speaker. Spanish knowledge will be of advantage.
- Proven experience and passion about Digital Identity.
- Having contacts within the ecosystem: companies, communities, associations, foundations including the DIF, W3C verifiable credential working groups, Trust Over Ip and similar orgs.
- Knowledgeable in Self sovereign identity (SSI), Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs), Verifiable Credentials (VCs), and the iden3 technology stack.
- Knowledge in the Ethereum ecosystem is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate across various levels of the organization, building trust and fostering collaboration.
- Exceptional project management experience.
- Capability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Eagerness to learn and stay updated on emerging technologies and trends, consistently enhancing programs, and contributing new ideas.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 3% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75 Monthly internet or phone reimbursement
Flexible Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Egg freezing, mental health, and employee wellness benefits
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs