Head of Solutions Engineering (Remote)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing our solutioning teams as well as Polygon’s development support team. As the Head of Solutions Engineering, you will oversee the development, implementation, and delivery of innovative solutions that meet the complex technical needs of large companies and small developers deploying on polygon networks as well as the strategy and roadmap to scale technical enablement beyond our in-house engineers to the community. This team works with a diverse array of builders including protocols, implementation partners, infrastructure providers, application developers and more across virtually every vertical such as defi, tradfi, gaming, loyalty, sports and entertainment, retail, AI, and so on. You will lead a team of talented technical experts, work together with our business development and partner success teams and partner closely with product and engineering to enable developers in the Polygon ecosystem to successfully bring their innovative solutions to market.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Own technical delivery across the entire lifecycle of a project from pre-commitment to implementation to live support.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of Sales Engineers and Solutions Architects, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting collaboration.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution engineering processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Work closely with the business development team to understand project requirements, pain points, and business objectives, and translate them into effective solution strategies.
- Lead the design and development of comprehensive technical solutions that address the challenges of builders developing on Polygon technologies and align with our product offerings.
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, overseeing project scoping, resource allocation, timelines, and quality assurance.
- Act as a trusted advisor to key projects, providing technical expertise, understanding their business needs, and presenting solutions effectively.
- Partner with the business development team to deliver the following, but not limited to, solution presentations, demonstrations, and proposal development.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing projects, driving high satisfaction, retention, and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Partner with Product Development teams to provide insights from projects, feedback, and recommendations for product enhancements or new features.
- Work closely with the Partner Success team to ensure smooth handoff of solutions and provide ongoing support when needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop compelling collateral, case studies, and thought leadership content.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the solutions engineering domain.
- Utilize market insights to identify new business opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
About the Team
- We are a remote-first, inclusive, multi-cultural team, spanning most of the world’s continents.
- Our primary focus and priority is to have a positive impact on the world by building open and powerful new technologies in the blockchain and crypto space. We are blockchain and crypto maximalists.
- We are a meritocratic organization where your ability to grow and advance in responsibility is judged on your contribution and accomplishments.
- We are a development focused organization where your primary work and priorities will always be to advance the protocol and the health of the Polygon ecosystem.
What you’ll need - Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in solutions engineering, technical pre-sales, or a similar customer-facing role within the technology industry with at least two years of experience in the blockchain or cryptography industry.
- Deep understanding of web3, blockchain, smart contracts and decentralized technologies. More specifically, familiarity and expertise with Etherum, related technologies and rollup protocols is a plus. Experience building on Polygon protocols is a benefit. Experience across the solutions lifecycle from pre-sales through to post-sales implementations.
- Deep familiarity and experience with distributed systems engineering, protocols and architecture.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Capability and desire to act as a player coach and expertise in setting up a function.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of enterprise software solutions, cloud technologies, and software development lifecycles.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 3% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75 Monthly internet or phone reimbursement
Flexible Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Egg freezing, mental health, and employee wellness benefits
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs