Senior Software Engineer, Security
Our team has experience building products at companies like Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. We've spent the past couple years building applications and infrastructure for consumers and developers on Ethereum, with a focus on Decentralized Finance (DeFi). Matcha and 0x API are just some of the crypto products we've brought to market.
While trying to build products with delightful user experiences on Ethereum and other blockchains, we experienced first-hand what a pivotal role crypto wallets have in a project's ability to succeed and attract users.
We've also seen how existing wallet solutions can hold projects back, and keep users from experiencing DeFi, NFTs and web3 in the way they can and should be experienced.
Our goal is to make it easy for anyone to engage with the expanding ecosystem of crypto projects (across blockchains), and to enable those projects to deliver the experiences their users deserve.
Our crypto wallet is used by millions of people to access apps and financial services built on the Solana blockchain.
We are looking for someone with a deep experience with both Typescript and building desktop/mobile products. This person will be focused on helping lead feature development in our React/React Native codebase.
In this role, you’ll be working on web3 technologies, working to keep people’s funds safe and secure, and collaborating with security, design and QA to create a way for users to safely manage their seed phrase and other types of accounts.
Join us on our mission to make the digital economy safe and easy to use for everyone.
This role is fully remote; however, we’re only open to candidates based in US and EU time zones. Currently, Phantom cannot support employees from the following countries and continents: Russia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Asia, Oceania, and Africa.
As a Security focused Frontend Engineer at Phantom, you will be at the forefront of creating innovative solutions for our users. Your primary role will be developing, implementing, and maintaining the Phantom Authentication & Seedless Recovery systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the design and product teams to design and develop secure, resilient, and user-friendly features.
- Working closely with our security team to ensure the applications comply with the highest security standards.
- Participating in code reviews to maintain high-quality code
- Building and maintaining a robust seedless recovery process
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest security best practices and integrating them into our systems
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of frontend development, with a particular focus on security. Proficiency in Typescript, and React is a must. Previous experience in a security-focused role would be an advantage. The candidate should also have excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Expertise in React/React Native, and advanced knowledge of cryptography
- Ability to build modern React frontends, transforming Figma designs into functional components
- Relevant knowledge of modern web and mobile app security landscape, authentication, real-world attacks and mitigations.
- Proficiency in CSS
- Ability to ship code using test-driven development
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Awareness of engineering best practices
- Problem-solving skills, an analytical mindset and good judgment
- Self-starter with a desire to expand knowledge and skills
- Blockchain expertise
- mobile development iOS/Android using React native
- Previous experience working with Application Security Engineering teams.
- You’re a Phantom user!
The target base salary for this role will range between $180,000 to $230,000 with the addition of equity and benefits. This is determined by a few factors including your skillset, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews and market factors (such as location) at the point in time of offer.