Senior DevOps Engineer
Our crypto wallet is used by millions of people to access apps and financial services built on the Solana blockchain plus many others. As a DevOps engineer you’ll be supporting some of the best engineers in the industry by creating processes and systems that have a focus on security and velocity. Join us on our mission to make the digital economy safe and easy to use for everyone.
This role is fully remote; however, we’re only open to candidates based in the US, EU and UK. Currently, Phantom cannot support employees from the following countries and continents: Russia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Asia, Oceania, and Africa.
- Strategic Uptime & Reliability: Spearhead efforts to achieve and maintain optimal uptime and reliability across Phantom’s suite of products and services in AWS and Cloudflare. Identify potential areas of improvement and lead initiatives for infrastructure resilience.
- Advanced Monitoring & Alerting: Architect, own, and optimize our comprehensive error monitoring and alerting stack. Ensure that our infrastructure proactively identifies potential issues before they impact our customers.
- CI/CD Excellence: Take the helm in enhancing our internal build systems. Lead the design and execution of state-of-the-art continuous integration and deployment processes to optimize workflow and minimize deployment risks.
- Security Leadership: Collaborate closely with security engineers and third-party security firms. Provide insights and take a proactive approach to ensure our cloud infrastructure remains impenetrable and aligned with the latest security best practices.
- Accelerate Developer Velocity: Champion and implement sophisticated automation tools and processes to boost engineering efficiency and quality.
- Technical Mentorship & Leadership: Serve as a beacon of technical expertise. Mentor junior engineers, influence team strategies, and provide expert input for pivotal architectural decisions.
- 5+ years full-time software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in architecting, deploying, and maintaining scalable infrastructure in a fast-paced environment.
- English language proficiency
- Blockchain experience is a plus.
Why Work with Us
We are a team of experienced builders with a ton of traction in a big and growing market – our users are so passionate they were hacking their way into our private beta. Only months after launching we've acquired millions of users, and are adding hundreds of thousands every week. We are by far the leading wallet on Solana, and plan to expand to other chains soon.
On top of that, there has never been a better time to work in crypto and on wallets in particular.
- Wallets play a pivotal role: Wallets are responsible for on-boarding new users into crypto, and can make or break the user experience.
- We are moving to a multi-chain world: New blockchains and scaling solutions are coming online and gaining traction, but are lacking decent wallets and bridges.
- DeFi & NFTs are exploding : Interest in DeFi and NFTs has exploded, yet they are still an after-thought in existing wallets.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision) — 100% covered.
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need.
- Flexible hours and a long-standing, supportive remote environment.
- Monthly co-working space and mobile phone expense.
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it).
- 401(k) retirement plan (although we are not matching at this time)
- Wellness benefit
- Daily lunch benefit
The target base salary for this role will range between $170,000 to $220,000 with the addition of equity and benefits. This is determined by a few factors including your skillset, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews and market factors (such as location) at the point in time of offer.