Technical Product Lead, Governance
About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective leads the blockchain protocol landscape, dedicated to fostering a scalable and sustainable ecosystem. Optimism’s ethos, in sync with Ethereum's vision, tackles pivotal coordination challenges of the digital age. Optimism’s goal is to harmonize private incentives with public good, shaping a resilient future for the Internet. Optimism’s scope spans diverse areas like Gaming, DeFi, NFTs, and Enterprise.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Optimism Unlimited is hiring a Technical Product Manager to own the roadmap, implementation, and development of Optimism’s governance system.
Optimism has one of the most ambitious governance visions in the industry. This person will be responsible for translating that vision for Collective governance into clear, actionable priorities and plans. This role will work with members of the governance community, core development teams like OP Labs, and grassroots projects to address novel problems in governance design, market mechanics, economics, security, and beyond.
Candidates for this role must be based outside of the United States or be willing to relocate.
- Define the strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for Optimism’s technical governance system.
- Own Optimism’s governance contracts, and coordinate RFPs or grants to develop them further.
- Execute on key governance projects, from design to delivery — including Optimism’s security council, OP governance of sequencer selection, cross-chain voting, and beyond.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (OP Labs Security & Engineering teams, Foundation governance & legal teams, delegates, community members) to define and document product requirements for key governance features, from technical details to product marketing materials.
- Work with Foundation governance team to understand issues, risks, pain points in voting, delegation, and overall OP token governance; identify and prioritize solutions.
- Coordinate deployments, upgrades, and security best practices for the maintenance of gov contracts. Work with OP Labs Security team to ensure governance mechanisms adhere to security best practices and regulatory compliance.
You may be a fit if:
- You have a proven track record shipping cross-functional projects to production.
- You have experience building crypto applications users love.
- You have a deep understanding of blockchain tech, smart contracts, and DAO mechanics.
- You’re familiar with technical details of governance systems like OZ, Compound, etc.
- You’re an inspiring communicator, in writing and in person, whether you’re talking to developers, a community member, or the CEO.
- You’re biased towards action, and you roll up your sleeves to get things done when the situation calls for it.
- You can work synchronously in all or most of North American waking hours.
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.