Chief of Staff
About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective leads the blockchain protocol landscape, dedicated to fostering a scalable and sustainable ecosystem. Optimism’s ethos, in sync with Ethereum's vision, tackles pivotal coordination challenges of the digital age. Optimism’s goal is to harmonize private incentives with public good, shaping a resilient future for the Internet. Optimism’s scope spans diverse areas like Gaming, DeFi, NFTs, and Enterprise.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Head of Strategy will play a pivotal role in supporting the entire C-suite at Optimism Unlimited. The Head of Strategy will be instrumental in developing strategies, facilitating executive decision-making, and ensuring the smooth operation of the C-suite's initiatives. As Head of Strategy at Optimism Unlimited, you will be integral in driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the C-suite, playing a key role in shaping the future of the organization. Your work will be central to implementing strategies and managing operations at the highest level, contributing significantly to the growth and success of Optimism in the blockchain sector.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the Chief Growth Officer and other C-suite executives and founders, assisting in decision-making, strategy development, and execution.
- Coordinate and manage critical projects across the company, ensuring alignment with the organization's overall objectives.
- Facilitate communication between the C-suite and other departments, ensuring information flows efficiently and effectively.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the executives to facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Act as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders, managing relationships and ensuring smooth collaboration.
- Oversee the preparation and coordination of executive meetings and follow-up on actionable items.
- Lead and manage special projects as assigned by the C-suite, ensuring timely completion and success.
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout the entirety of the company.
- Proven experience as a Chief of Staff, Strategy, BD, or similar role, preferably in a fast-paced, tech-focused environment.
- Strong experience in working with top-level executives, demonstrating an ability to effectively support and guide leadership teams.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and multitask effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and build strong relationships.
- Strategic thinker with a knack for problem-solving and a strong understanding of business operations.
- A highly collaborative person. Someone everyone loves working with, and can’t wait to partner up with on projects.
- Must be based outside of the US
- Familiarity with the blockchain industry and Ethereum’s infrastructure.
- Experience in a startup or technology company, especially within a fast-growing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and influence across all levels of the organization.
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.