Product Designer - Lead
At MobileCoin, we’re changing the way people make cross-border payments with our payment app, Moby. Our team redesigned payments from the ground up to usher in the next era of commerce. We address common gaps found in the payment system:
- World-wide payments: With Moby, you can send a payment to anyone with a phone number in just a few taps, no matter where they are. Payments are sent within 5 seconds.
- Microtransactions: Designed for “a la carte” payments that can help more people access resources and experiences.
- Self-custody: The first app to make it truly easy for anyone to hold their funds with PIN-based recovery if you ever lose their phone.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to shape the visual identity and user experience of our product stack so that we can get Moby into the hands of our first million customers. While primarily focused on Moby, this person will also play a role in supporting MobileCoin’s B2B efforts; supporting partner integrations and new product offerings. The ideal candidate is proactive, well-versed in solving complex problems with user-centered design principles, and reduces ambiguity by taking big ideas from conception to solution.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Evaluate and recommend solutions that solve for current and future problems; anticipating edge cases
- Iterate on designs based on customer feedback and data-driven insights to continuously improve the experience
- Create, manage and maintain brand assets that are consistent across the customer’s journey; adapting to the needs of the marketing and product team as they ship.
- In collaboration with the Product and Marketing team; run research, interviews or feedback sessions that help us better understand the problem space and adapt our products to customer needs
- Stay up to date with design trends, emerging technologies and best practices.
What You Need to be Successful
- You thrive in an early startup environment, can navigate the ambiguity and don’t mind being scrappy to get things done
- You have a bias towards action; preferring to ship and learn.
- You’re proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar software
- You have 7-10 years of relevant industry experience; with a proven track record of taking a product from 0-1. You’re ecstatic about creating breakthrough products that disrupt industries.
- You’re highly collaborative and use a hands-on approach to quickly iterate on our product and ship against our hypothesis-driven roadmap.
- You’re excited about leading and managing a team of designers; internal or external.
- You have previous experience in the FinTech space and understand how to navigate different stakeholder needs in design.
- You have previous experience with international audiences and can localize design systems as needed.
Please Include in Your Application
- An online portfolio or compendium of example web projects you’ve lead
- A short summary of your favorite project