Sr. Data Engineer
What you'll do
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from different blockchains.
- You’ll be responsible to assist with coding, designing, deploying, and debugging Python/Go tools for data aggregation, processing, and analysis.
- Further automate internal data analysis processes and level up Messari’s future data science efforts.
- Collaborate on developing, automating, and supporting pipelines to extract, transform, and load data.
- Assist on creating educational content to improve the technical skills of the research team.
Who you are
- You are familiar with Python, SQL (familiarity with Dune Analytics preferred) and version control systems.
- The ideal candidate has advanced working SQL knowledge and experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, and workload management.
- Deep understanding of blockchain infrastructure for data extraction from EVM and non-EVM chains is a big plus
- Familiarity with programming languages (preferably Python or Go) and version control software (Git) is required for the position.
- A fundamental understanding of protocol mechanisms is required for this position.
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
$154,000 - $175,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education