We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join as a member of the core Engineering team. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will have an extensive effect on the product, architecture, and technology.
Our platform is a cluster of microservices used to aggregate and contextualize on-chain crypto information. It is built using Golang, TypeScript, and Postgres, running on Kubernetes in AWS.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining the robust infrastructure that powers Messari. This entails orchestrating a fleet of microservices while ensuring the flow and security of real-time data.
- Develop and implement monitoring and alerting systems to promptly notify engineers of service misbehavior, data irregularities, and potential issues.
- Develop tooling and automate processes to provide a resilient and flexible platform for other engineers.
- Help debug and solve critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience with modern back-end technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, and AWS.
- Experience maintaining and iterating on distributed metric collection, monitoring and log aggregation systems, such as Grafana, Prometheus, and Loki.
- Passionate about building and maintaining data infrastructure systems, and a love of building resiliency while growing a fleet of services.
- Disciplined in working with Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) platforms such as Pulumi or Terraform.
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex projects.
- Empathetic and inspirational to the growth of your peers.
- Interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users dive deep into this world.
- Experience with, or exposure to, other elements of our software stack: Golang, Java, NodeJS, Python, GraphQL, SQL, TimescaleDB or other time-series technologies, RabbitMQ/NATS or other messaging buses.
- Specific experience with Web3 infrastructure and/or ETL data pipelines.
What's it like to work with our engineering team?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle challenging tech problems.
- Work with a growing team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development.
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with.
- Enjoy awesome, comprehensive benefits; Equity; unlimited PTO; and the ability to work remotely.
Salary Ranges (based on level during interview process) LI-AM1
- Associate Engineer: $120,000 - $140,000
- Engineer (mid level): $140,000 - $160,000
- Senior Engineer: $160,000 - $180,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education