We are looking for an exceptional data engineer to join our fast growing team. You will play a pivotal role in discovering and consolidating data from various sources and blockchains, transforming the data into insightful metrics that power our products and research analysts. The ideal candidate should have experience working with a cloud data warehouse and the modern data stack, as well as experience in data governance and data quality assurance.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, and own data models and data pipelines that power Messari’s research and products.
- Extract and ingest data from various blockchains. Transform raw blockchain data into insightful metrics.
- Work with product, engineering, and research teams to understand their needs for analytical data.
- Build a robust data quality framework to ensure high quality of data.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of professional working experience in a Data Engineering or related role.
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages such as Python or Scala.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks.
- Experience with various data tools in the Modern Data Stack, including Airflow, Dagster, DBT, Fivetran, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Basic knowledge of blockchains and various web3 data platforms (e.g. Dune, Nansen, Etherscan).
Nice to haves:
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and a basic understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi).
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
- $120,000 - $150,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
Something looks off?