Security Operations Engineer
- Provide systems engineering and operational support for production infrastructure components, including but not limited to our Linux servers, workstation fleet, and SaaS platforms.
- Management of the entire workflow of the fleet security and its automation - from purchase and automated configuration to asset disposal
- Implement monitoring of the key security events, and handle and automate the incident response.
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date SOC IT assets and patch information list, network diagrams, system requests, and processes.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance tasks, e.g., applying critical patches to operating systems, applications, etc.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure smooth operations of all services.
- Coordinate with and manage external vendors for support
- Responsible for the quality, reliability, and availability of the SOC’s infrastructure
- BS in Information security, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline is desirable
- At least 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent practical experience in network and systems administration
- Familiarity with GCP/AWS, Infrastructure as a code concepts
- Strong understanding of technologies such as firewalls, SIEM, MDM
- Scripting or coding skills in one or more general-purpose languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Good technical knowledge in analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnostics & problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of security controls and their integration and implementation with IT components and operations
- Experience in security auditing and best practices (e.g.ITIL, ISO27001, and other disciplines) is desirable
- Certification that supports the above experience and skills would be added advantage.
- Resourceful, take the initiative and ownership at work, and ability to work without supervision, taking personal responsibilities and accountability