CyberSecurity Automation Engineer - Internship
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
We're making the world of digital assets accessible and secure for everyone.
Join the mission.
Founded in 2014, Ledger is the global platform for digital assets and Web3. Over 15% of the world’s crypto assets are secured through our Ledger Nanos. Headquartered in Paris and Vierzon, with offices in the UK, US, Switzerland and Singapore, Ledger has a team of more than 700 professionals developing a variety of products and services to enable individuals and companies to securely buy, store, swap, grow and manage crypto assets – including the Ledger hardware wallets line with more than 5 millions units already sold in 180 countries.
At Ledger, we embody the values that make us unique: Pragmatism, Audacity, Commitment, Trust and Transparency. Have a look at our Origins video here.
Engage in a 6-month cybersecurity internship at Ledger, focusing on enhancing our security infrastructure and IT/OT domain. Ideal for a final year computer security student, this role involves close collaboration with the architecture team to innovate on our new SIEM (Elastic Security) deployment.
You will work on the design and implementation of new:
- Detection Scenarios in Elastic Security
- Automate remediation (SOAR) using tools like n8n or equivalent
An interest in Web3 and hardware wallets is advantageous for adapting to our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This role is perfect for someone eager to dive into the cybersecurity field, particularly in enhancing security monitoring and automation processes.
Duration: 6 months
Start date: March / April 2024
- Design and implement new detection scenarios for SIEM (Elastic Security) with the help of the Security and Architecture team.
- Automate remediation processes (SOAR) with tools such as n8n.
- Automate and optimize current scanning tools (e.g., TenableOne) for regular scanning
- Work alongside the architecture team to bolster Ledger's security measures.
- Ensure timely detection and mitigation of security vulnerabilities in collaboration with Infrastructure, Engineering, and Product Security (Donjon) teams.
What we're looking for
- Last year of master degree in Computer Security or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python, API, Git
- Familiarity with SIEM / SoC concept (knowledge of Elastic Security is a strong plus)
- Passion for cloud security and a proactive approach to improving Ledger's security posture.
What's in it for you ?
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy
- Social: Frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products
- Transport: Ledger reimburses 75% of your preferred means of transportation
- Food: We offer lunch vouchers with Swile
- Vacation: 1 day off for every full month worked
We are an equal opportunity employer for all without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age