Head of Regulatory Affairs, EMEA
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise of the changing regulatory landscape in the areas of digital assets, banking, finance and capital markets.
- Advise business units and senior leadership on the development and adaptation of products, business lines and business models in light of existing or anticipated regulatory requirements.
- Define and execute strategies to proactively influence the development of favorable digital asset regulation in EMEA.
- Coordinate with the Global Head of Policy on identifying and reacting to significant public policy challenges and opportunities with respect to Ledger’s business priorities.
- Build strong relationships with other regulatory professionals in the digital asset and traditional finance ecosystems, as well as with relevant governmental authorities and multinational bodies.
- Head up the development of Ledger’s responses to regulatory proposals, solicitations and consultations.
- Head up the response of Ledger to regulatory inquiries, examinations or investigations, and contribute to crisis response teams as assigned.
- Represent Ledger’s perspective on regulatory policy through public speaking and written thought leadership.
- Assist the Global Head of Policy in managing outside consultants and membership organisations.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 8 years experience at a financial regulatory agency or policymaking body, or covering regulatory topics in the legal, fintech, or financial services sectors. Prior crypto industry experience a plus
- Knowledgeable about blockchain technology and the European crypto-asset regulatory landscape, particularly MiCA and the EU AML Package
- Knowledgeable about EU, UK, and French financial regulations, such as those applicable to crypto-asset service providers, payment services providers, E-money institutions, banks and custodians, financial instrument issuers, and trading platforms
- Specific knowledge of AML/CFT and financial sanctions law and international standards is desirable
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new regulatory subject matters and jurisdictions
- Proven relationships with key stakeholders, including at regulatory agencies and international bodies such as the European Commission, ESMA, EBA, FCA, AMF, ACPR, DG Tresor, and OECD/FATF
- Fluency in French and English required; proficiency in other EMEA languages a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; comfort with public speaking
- Ability to independently lead and execute challenging engagements with the highest integrity and ethics
- Collaborative team player with an ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, and offer both practical and theoretical advice demonstrating knowledge of the product, technology, and good business instincts
- At ease in a fast paced, innovative environment; comfort with ambiguity and confidence operating in environments that lack legal clarity
- Ability to prioritise and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Creative, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
- A good sense of humor and ability to not take oneself too seriously
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Willingness to register as a lobbyist if required
What’s in it for you?
- Equity: Employees are the foundation of our success, and we award stock options so you can share in that success as we grow
- Flexibility: A hybrid work policy
- Social: Annual company outing for Ledgerdary Days, plus frequent social events, snacks and drinks
- Medical: Comprehensive health insurance policy offering extensive medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Well-being: Personal development, coaching & fitness with our dedicated partners
- Vacation: Five weeks of paid leave per year, in addition to national holidays and rest & relaxation (RTT) days
- High tech: Access to high performance office equipment and gadgets, including Apple products
- Transport: Ledger reimburses part of your preferred means of transportation
- Discounts: Employee discount on all our products