Staff AI/ML Engineer
- Architect and design Machine Learning and Gen AI frameworks to enable solutions that solve intricate problems and deliver significant business value (revenue, engagement, customer satisfaction).
- Guide collaboration with data scientists, ml engineers, and business partners to identify AI/ML opportunities for improving operation scalability and efficiency, and develop systems tailored to these needs.
- Lead the development of production-grade ML models to power personalized customer experience, content recommendation, fraud detection/prevention and more.
- Develop systems and processes for monitoring and improving model performance via data enhancement, feature engineering, experimentation and online/offline evaluation.
- Stay ahead with the latest trends and technologies in Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence, and pioneer their application at Kraken.
- Mentor junior and senior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
Skills you should HODL
- Proven expertise and track record in building, deploying, measuring, and maintaining Machine Learning models to address real-world problems.
- Track record of architecting new systems from the ground up to be scalable and maintainable, while also delivering on immediate needs for various proof of concepts.
- In-depth understanding of the software development lifecycle, DevOps (build, continuous integration, deployment tools) and best practices.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Scala, Go, Rust or other languages.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MLOps platforms, such as Kubeflow or MLFlow.
- Expertise with ML frameworks, such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data tools – Spark, S3, Athena/Trino.Experience with GenAI tools, such as Langchain, LlamaIndex, and various Vector DBs.
- Prior experience in technical leadership, with proven ability to mentor and guide team members.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field.
- A minimum of 8+ years experience in AI/ML engineering, with a track record of handling increasingly complex projects.