Investor Relations Director
What You'll Do:
- Identify and pursue opportunities to grow existing investor relationships
- Work in partnership with our Finance, Strategy, Data, Comms and Research teams to develop and enhance Kraken’s external messaging and collateral
- Monitor equity and debt trends in capital markets, as well as investor sentiment. Provide expert counsel to the executive team on how these dynamics should or should not be addressed.
- Collaborate with function leaders to present persuasive, consistent corporate messaging and tailored communications to investors and employees
- Respond to investor enquiries, build relationships with the investment community, collect investor feedback, and gather insight on perceptions of company to inform messaging
- Track competitor performance, and provide comparisons and analyses to our financial performance
- Perform research and provide business, industry, competitive, and market insights to key internal, and often external, stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an overall IR strategy that prioritizes clear and effective communications with institutional investors and sell-side analysts.
- Act as a spokesperson for the company at investor and industry conferences.
- Work in partnership with Corp Development, Finance partners and Strategy to evaluate and execute M&A and other investment opportunities, including analyzing valuation and returns
- Coordinate financial oversight of transaction due diligence
- Work with Corp Development and Tax to help with deal structuring and other transaction related matters
- Additional duties as assigned
Helpful Background and Skillsets:
- Proven ability to develop, manage, and lead a team, as well as establishing and implementing procedures and a performance culture.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills as an influencer and partner to internal and external stakeholders.
- A demonstrable track record in handling sensitive information and exercising excellent judgment in expediting company and investor/prospect matters.
- A first-hand experience of how to behave in this environment developed directly via experience in a start-up or scale-up organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
Skills You Should HODL:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in investor relations, management consulting, investment banking or strategic finance
- Experience at a high-growth Fintech, or Financial Services organization would be a plus
- Experience at both private and public companies would be a plus
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, business, or related fields
- Exceptional financial modeling skills, ability to build complex, scalable and easy to digest financial models
- Clearly demonstrable strength in connecting with capital markets
- Excellent project management capabilities; ability to balance multiple tasks under deadlines to produce key deliverables
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and the ability to simply complex concepts to facilitate broader organizational understanding
- Excellent communicator with outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple groups in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong ability to turn complex data sets into actionable analysis
- Passion or intellectual curiosity for the crypto landscape
- Inspiring leader with a strong focus on team inclusion, engagement and development
- Ability to be strategic but also able to get into the weeds and lead by example when needed
- Passionate brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Engaging and inspiring communicator
- High level of technical expertise and knowledge