Senior Finance Analyst - Ireland
- Oversee and challenge the development of financial and reporting processes within our regulated entities and seek ways to innovate so as to ensure they are robust and of an extremely high standard;
- Delivery of financial & treasury reconciliations for all local entities, in particular client funding reconciliations for the regulated entity, for approval by senior management;
- Delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual management and financial accounts, including monthly budget to actuals review as part of the Group FP&A processes;
- Delivery of regulatory returns for our regulated entities;
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets for all local entities in collaboration with the Group FP&A team;
- Reviewing all financial plans and budgets regularly and prepare monthly presentations for key stakeholders, including ongoing review and presentation of capital requirements;
- Involvement in the statutory audit process for all local legal entities acting as the key liaison with Group Finance;
- Being the primary point of contact with the Group Financial Control team to ensure a common understanding between Group and local legal entities;
- Working with the Head of Finance to develop a robust control environment for our newly created finance function;
- Supporting the Head of Finance on all aspects of financial function delivery and related topics and ownership of the maintenance of the risk register for the Finance function;
- Support the Group FP&A team with all ad-hoc corporate requests applicable to both the local legal entities and the broader Group agenda.
Skills you should HODL:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CIMA, ACCA with 4+ years experience in an applicable role - ideally with regulatory oversight from the Central Bank of Ireland;
- Ability to take ownership of the development of a wide range of process within a new finance function, living as a leader and advising on the wider finance agenda;
- Experience of all relevant regulations within a Central Bank of Ireland regulated financial services firm, with emphasis on Central Bank of Ireland FINREP and statistical reporting;
- Knowledge and understanding of the key accounting principles under IFRS and US GAAP;
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a Group reporting role focused on financial accounts and external reporting (incl. regulatory);
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills;
- Strong understanding of a best-in-class control environment and an appetite to implement and monitor same.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills;
- Ability to be flexible & adaptable, always ready to pivot and solve the next problem;
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and a team player;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator;
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution;
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations;
- Understanding & execution of requirements / expectations;
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance;
- Assertiveness, tenacious and control focused.
Something looks off?