Principal HR Business Partner
People & HR
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. Working with the world's top talent, our diverse and forward‐thinking team is spread across 60+ countries.
In this role you will be the Human Resources partner to various business units and work closely with senior leadership for these groups. This role requires a strong focus on understanding business needs and translating that to people and organization strategies that enable the business. It’s essential that this person is able to think strategically, solve complex problems with a high degree of autonomy, influence at all levels of the organization and partner with their client groups to make informed organization and people decisions that drives the business. This person will also be involved with strategic cross-organizational projects and initiatives that have impact more broadly across KX and Kraken. The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced HR professional who can zoom out to see the big picture of what we’re trying to accomplish and zoom in to execute with an owner’s mindset, high attention to detail and a data driven approach, all while building and strengthening collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and peers. They will also need to be flexible and agile to our dynamic and evolving needs of our environment. They will also have a strong interest in future of work and play an influential role in ideating new and innovative ways to enable the workforce experience we are aiming to create for our Krakenites.
Our KX Partners are all expected to be highly motivated, strategic culture champions that serve as management’s right hand, and each business unit’s main point of contact, when it comes to developing world-class Krakenite experiences at every phase of the Krakenite Lifecycle. Each Partner will be assigned to business units where they will be tasked with learning how to best support each function to meet their goals while adhering to Kraken’s values and remaining focused on the Company mission.
- Partner with business unit leaders and the broader KX team to develop talent and organization strategies to meet the needs of the business. This includes strategic partnership on org design, people strategies, workforce planning, M&A integration, and Krakenite experience.
- Provide high-touch partnership to management and Krakenites to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity, engagement, and retention
- Lead and build programs based on bespoke needs of the client groups and also lead/participate on projects that have cross KX/company impact.
- Thought leader and partner across the KXBP team to support initiatives, as needed, across Operations, Technology, Sales, and other areas.
- Trusted partner to the leadership team on all things people and organization
Skills you should HODL:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience as a Human Resources Business Partner supporting international teams.
- Knowledge of international employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Experience working in a remote, globally distributed team in a fast-paced high-growth environment strongly preferred
- Experience at a technology company or highly successful start-up strongly preferred
- Proactive problem solver and disciplined self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing priorities
- Appreciates privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Workday experience strongly preferred
Location Tagging - #US #EU #Canada
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know