Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission. As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of Work
Join our Travel & Events Team and play a vital role in bringing our remote-first company together to enable connections, experience a global perspective and boost motivation!
Our team consists of hospitality-minded, experienced players, dedicated to providing organized travel and unique experiences to our colleagues. This team thrives on synergy and flexibility - encouraging open dialogue, constructive feedback and creative problem-solving. The Travel & Events team’s greatest strength is our ability to embrace challenges together and use our passion for the industry to deliver memorable events.
This is a fully remote role for someone based in the United States.
- Lead and manage event planning timeline and deliverables
- Manage and negotiate hotel and supplier contracts
- Coordinate/attend site inspections as needed
- Coordinate/support food and beverage, transportation, hotels, activities, meetings, registration, air and executive logistics
- Develop and maintain project budgets, tracking changes and savings
- Develop initial proposals for key stakeholders
- Serve as a mentor for leads and coordinators in the areas of budgeting, communication and program development/execution
- Maintain proactive, positive communication with key stakeholders
- Conduct regularly scheduled status meetings from pre-planning through program operation with key stakeholders
Skills you should HODL
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in meeting/event planning (including incentives, association, corporation), hotel catering or convention sales experience
- Strong knowledge of program management and budget maintenance
- Professional oral presentation and writing skills
- Prior experience effectively handling multiple projects/demands
- Motivated self-starter that can also work on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to travel up to 30% (internationally)
- Experience with Cvent
- International hotel destination knowledge is a plus
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know