Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission. As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
A high-profile role within the firm this position requires a high-calibre professional who will provide an independent assessment of the regulated entity’s risks and proactively communicate and engage at senior levels within the business to assist with identifying, analysing, mitigating, managing and monitoring the risks that arise. The individual should have a strong background in risk management in an Electronic Money Institution, Credit Institution or Financial Industry, notably the implementation and embedding of risk frameworks and related tools. The individual will serve as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the business unit with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices. The position will be located in Ireland and will be subject to approval by the Central Bank as the Chief Risk Officer (PCF-14).
- Oversee the risk function and maintain and address any deficiencies in the company's risk management framework.
- Foster, develop and enhance a strong risk management culture, across all categories of risk, throughout the company.
- Manage and continually develop and enhance the company's Risk Management Framework and day to day risk management processes ensuring it is fit for purpose, meets regulatory expectations and adds real value to the company.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland and ensure that the risk programme is operating in line with Central Bank of Ireland expectations and industry best practice.
- Establish adequate risk management policies and procedures to identify, measure and provide for the proper monitoring, reporting and mitigation of all material risks relating to the company’s activities, processes and systems.
- Consider specific industry, market and regulatory matters relevant to the firm and monitor and assess the impact of changes in the regulatory risk profile from a risk perspective. Ensure that the risk management policies and procedures of the company are in line with applicable law, regulations and licence obligations.
- Perform regular risk assessments to enable a risk based approach to be taken in respect of the company’s risk programme.
- Build and maintain a risk register.
- Advise the board of directors of the company in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the company and assist the board of directors of the company with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Report regularly to corporate and regional committees and the Board of Directors, with appropriate, timely and relevant information so that the committees and the Board can discharge their responsibilities effectively. Preparation of quarterly risk reports for the attention of the board of directors.
- Perform analysis of risk data to identify insights, trends and emerging risks.
Skills you should HODL
- Demonstrable experience within the Risk function of a regulated financial institutions
- Prior experience in a PCF role or reporting into a PCF is desirable, but not essential
- Self-starter who always seeks to take ownership of initiatives and responsibility for finding solutions to complex problems
- People management skills and experience
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables at any given time
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple workloads
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to think creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills
Location Tagging - #Ireland
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know