Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission. As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of Work
Join our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.
This is a fully remote role for a licensed paralegal in the Eastern time zone of the United States.
- Oversee and maintain global subsidiaries, including maintaining subsidiary database/platform, corporate records and filing calendar, completing domestic and international periodic filings, conducting subsidiary board meetings, managing corporate reorganization projects, and facilitating changes in organizational documents and subsidiary D&O slates (including notary and apostille requirements)
- Take a leadership role in supporting Kraken’s international legal operations, policy management, document management and contract management program
- Provide support for Kraken’s compliance, regulatory, and privacy programs
- Prepare correspondence, communications and reports to support legal function matters
- Handle special projects as requested
Skills you should HODL
- 8+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal; mix of large law firm and in-house experience preferred;
- Experience with EDGAR
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal training – paralegal certification preferred
- Strong communication skills, very responsive by email and phone, proficiency with the MS Office Suite and other software programs, and excellent organizational skills
Nice to have
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar)
- Familiar with SimpleLegal, Nasdaq Boardvantage, Athennian and Slack or other related software systems
- Have worked in house at an international technology company
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know