Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission. As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
The US Strategy Director role will oversee the strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US region, across multiple business lines, millions of customer accounts, and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.
Reporting to the US Managing Director, the Strategy Director will build/manage a dedicated US strategy team, work with business line leaders and cross-functional teams, and advise the global C-suite, to most effectively structure, operate and grow the US business and its supporting operations.
- Oversee the overall strategy and planning function for Kraken’s entire US business.
- Collaborate with the US MD, global C-suite, and cross-functional leaders to set the business up for success by implementing organizational structures, navigating the legal/regulatory landscape, identifying opportunities, prioritizing initiatives, driving revenue growth, improving efficiency, and aligning against broader company objectives.
- Build and manage a small, high-functioning dedicated US strategy team.
- Define/monitor key performance metrics for business health and progress.
- Manage portfolio of key high-priority projects and work collaboratively to ensure timely execution.
- Develop recommendations to solve critical challenges employing a data driven approach.
- Create content and/or presentations for multiple purposes, including internal strategy and planning meetings, investors, external interviews and appearances, etc.
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential and/or sensitive information.
Skills you should HODL
- Prior experience in management consulting, and/or corporate strategy/planning within a comparable fintech company, late stage pre-IPO company, or large corporation.
- Familiarity with financial services/technology and US-specific legal/regulatory industry landscapes.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills involving cross functional collaboration.
- Experience building high quality engaging presentations that communicate complex topics, data, and information in a digestible format.
- Superior communication and presentation skills including for executive level audiences.
- Ability to define structured approaches to solve complex challenges, by breaking down issues or problem sets, identifying options, and making decisions using a data driven approach.
- Commercially-minded, and entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced and uncertain/changing environments.
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know