Procurement & Logistics Coordinator
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Trading Infrastructure is a global organization of Engineers who architect, build and maintain our world-class infrastructure. From colo design/implementation, to optimizing our exchange connectivity, to building world class low latent Wide Area Networks, we leverage research and automation to consistently adapt and innovate our infrastructure to scale and drive our trading and evolving business.
We're looking to hire a new Procurement & Logistics Coordinator in our GIFT City office to help us manage the logistics around the acquisition, transport and deployment of technology equipment throughout the firm.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the full logistics cycle on a global scale – importing, exporting, internal reporting and compliance.
- Create vendor consistency on a global level by assisting with the streamlining of communication relating to quotes, delivery estimates and pricing.
- Ensure quality, cost, delivery, service and innovation performance expectations are communicated to external suppliers and manages to ensure those expectations are met
- Assist with the full purchase cycle including quoting, purchasing, receiving, inventory tracking and payment reconciliation
- Oversee the arrival of equipment with appropriate staff for receiving and installation including opening inbound ticket requests
- Maintain an inventory of frequently used items. Tracks typical usage patterns and proactively order gear as appropriate
- Confirm costs against approved Purchase Orders and make sure invoices are correct
- Organize and coordinate equipment liquidations for the firm
- Possess a strong interest in trading infrastructure operations continuously adding value to the team with a can-do attitude by being a self-starter
- Demonstrates reliable and predictable attendance
Skills You'll Need:
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Visio
- Demonstrates drive and persistence to get to the bottom of an issue or to complete a task when confronted with obstacles
- Excellent customer service skills for internal stakeholders
- Team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and context switch as business needs require.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and critical-thinking
- Knowledge of and exposure to USITC and Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Ability to manage and work with third party shipping coordinators to facilitate international shipping
- Prior experience with IT related procurement preferred
- Experience working with US and International customs importing, exporting and taxation requirements required
- Interest or experience in automation is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred