Campus Clearing Associate (Full-Time)
Jump Trading Group is committed to world class research. We empower exceptional talents in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science to seek scientific boundaries, push through them, and apply cutting edge research to global financial markets. Our culture is unique. Constant innovation requires fearlessness, creativity, intellectual honesty, and a relentless competitive streak. We believe in winning together and unlocking unique individual talent by incenting collaboration and mutual respect. At Jump, research outcomes drive more than superior risk adjusted returns. We design, develop, and deploy technologies that change our world, fund start-ups across industries, and partner with leading global research organizations and universities to solve problems.
Jump Trading is seeking a candidate with strong financial operations, critical thinking, and organization skills to join our global Clearing team based in Chicago. You will be part of a group that ensures the reliable flow of our trading activity between our various trading venues and clearing firms across the globe.
What You'll Do:
- Learn and support critical daily Clearing functions, including trade capture, lifecycle management, reconciliation and break resolution across all products and venues.
- Work closely with exchanges and clearing brokers to provide the necessary support to the front office.
- Work in unison with various internal teams to provide the best middle office and back-office support for the markets where Jump is part of.
- Assist with identifying and formulating improvement ideas to resolve process deficiencies and/or gaps.
- Assist in creating and/or updating written processes and procedures related to the functions above.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You'll Need:
- Prior internship experience in quantitative field such as finance, operations, computer science, engineering, etc. is desired
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-look ups, macros)
- Intellectual curiosity with strong and demonstrable critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A strong attention to detail and desire to maintain accuracy while processing large volumes of data under strict time constraints
- Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working independently, as well as a part of a larger team
- Prior leadership experience, a plus
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related fields
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Predictable and reliable availability
Benefits- Discretionary bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care options
- Employer Paid Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation plus paid holidays
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs